Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Deer + Car = New Car???

Yes, the common animal we all remember from our childhood memories "Bambie". You may think of Bambie as a cute little deer that lost his mother and found his father. Although Bambie is cute and little deer that seems smart and full of happiness, it is full of unpredictable behaviors.

Driving home from the hospital because my grandparents forgot a bag while they were staying for chemo treatments. On Hwy 6 just east of Adel I was with my friend Austin while going the speed limit I hit a large deer. you may find this a little ironic since no more than 2 miles before I hit it I was joking about a deer that we saw. As my friend was yelling "OH SHIT OH SHIT", I was not prepared for the moments ahead. The deer did more damage than a small child with a hammer. My red Saturn vue was now a beat up sore vue. My hood was bent, bumper was nonexistent, and my fenders and radiator were scattered throughout the highway. As I got out and looked at my car and the smoke was billowing out. I was almost happy... For once it wasn't my fault for when I recked a car. HAHA.

Now two weeks later I have gotten my check from my insurance company and successfully bought a new car. A 2006 Malibu SS! Smoking hot. So now every time I drive down Hwy 6 I will never forget the deer that LIVED and my car that died.

3 comments:

  1. I think you are underestimating a small child with a hammer in hand. :) and I love the punchline to your blog. You are just so witty Mr. Smith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "My red Saturn vue was now a beat up sore vue." Funny! Good telling of what happened. It is always exciting getting a new car!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost had the same thing happen to me but I almost hit a cow! lol long story

    ReplyDelete